Thursday, June 07, 2007

When it rains,

It's been raining for a week and I just got to thinking this morning that how the weather affects your mood changes when you're in a different climate. Rain in Nova Scotia is so grey and depressing: a cold spring day after many cold winter days. But the rain here is a relief. A relief from the thickness of the heat. It washes away the humidity and the pollution, makes you want to open the windows, breathe a little deeper.

I don't know if it is mere coincidence, but I have felt like it has been opening me up, freeing things, allowing things to be washed away, allowing things to pour again.

I can feel in me that Winter is leaving,
Spring is here
and Summer is coming.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Our monsoon rains are just starting here, but just at night. They're great because they really cool everything down and clean out the air. So I totally understand what you mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home